Cancer Clinical Trials are one of the most important
weapons in the continuing fight against cancer. Georgia CORE is working to make it easy for patients, families, caregivers and advocates to quickly find cancer clinical trials in our home state.
Georgia Cancer Trials (www.georgiacancertrials.org) is a cancer clinical trial search engine
designed to provide the residents of Georgia a quick and easy
way to locate cancer clinical trials that are being conducted
throughout the state. The search engine uses nine simple questions
to help you find the most appropriate cancer clinical trials.
The questions are as follows:
- What is your zip code?
- Please indicate your gender.
- Please enter your ethnic background.
- What kind of cancer do you have?
- What is the cancer subtype? (if applicable)
- What kind of treatment have you already received?
- What is the current stage of the disease?
- Please enter your age.
- How has the cancer affected your daily activity?
You will also find information that will help you make knowledgeable decisions regarding your participation in clinical trials, including “The Clinical Trial ABCs” and an introductory guide to clinical trials, which include:
- A glossary of important terms
- Questions to ask your doctor
or medical professional when considering a trial
- TrialCheck™ Georgia Cancer Trials: a database of cancer clinical trials being conducted in the
state of Georgia
- Information about Patient Advocate Groups
and links to their web sites
- Myths and facts about cancer clinical
- Patient Discussion Forums
- Patient Testimonials
If you have any questions or need additional information about Georgia Cancer Trials, please contact
Shaunta Parker at Georgia CORE at email@example.com or visit the
website directly at www.georgiacancertrials.org.